VELUX VS C01 2005 Skylight, 21 1/2" W x 27 3/8" H Fresh Air-Venting Deck-Mount w/Tempered LowE3 Glass
About the Velux VS C01 2005 Skylight, 21" x 26-7/8" Fresh Air-Venting Deck-Mount w/Tempered LowE3 Glass
The Velux VS C01 2005 21 in. x 26-7/8 in. Fresh Air Skylight Deck-Mount Vented with Tempered LowE3 Glass. The Velux Fresh Air Skylights are energy-saving and stylish. They help you decrease the need for electricity, bringing natural light into your house improving air circulation. The Velux VS C01 2005 has protective aluminum cladding and also a streamlined design, which won't obstruct your roofline. This skylight size is appropriate to work with most types of site-built curbs, no matter if they are slightly out-of-square, pre-existing, or surrounded by unusually thick flashing and roofing material. Installation hardware, operator hook, and insect screen are included.
Please Note: Flashing and blinds not included.
- For C01 models, rough opening dimensions should equal 21 in. for width and 26-7/8 in. for height
- Factory pre-finished white frames provide for high quality finish eliminating the need for secondary high-cost trips by painter
- EDL (for shingle roof, EDW (for tile roof, and EDM (for metal roof) flashing is sold separately and, when paired with the skylight, gives layers of water protection and makes the skylight eligible for the 10-year No Leak installation warranty
- Consider upgrading to Solar Powered "Fresh Air" Skylight to bring both natural sunlight and fresh air into your home using only the power of the sun, plus it is eligible for 30% federal tax credit, making it very affordable
- Also consider adding solar powered blind to your skylight, which is eligible for 30% federal tax credit too
- Pre-mounted pick&click brackets make the installation of sunscreen blinds snap
- Skylights with blinds that are factory-installed at no extra charge are available
- Energy-efficient, LoE3 tempered glass has argon-filled dual-glass panes to help reduce energy costs
- This skylight meets Energy Star approval guidelines for energy efficiency in all climatic regions of the US
- Manual control rod (ZCT 300) or motorized control rod (ZMT 300) for venting skylights are sold separately for out-of-reach applications
- Installation hardware, operator hook, and insect screen included
- Integrated gasket provides thermal break for energy efficiency and seals out water, wind and hassles for years
- Can be mounted on roofs with minimum pitch of degrees and maximum pitch of 60 degrees, but minimum pitch of 10 degrees and ECL/ECW flashing are required for the No Leak installation warranty
- Please note: we recommend and most building codes require laminated glass for out of reach applications
- Assembled Depth: 5 in.
- Assembled Height: 27.38 in.
- Assembled Width: 21.5 in.
- Cladding Type: Aluminum
- Color Family: Gray
- Daylight area (sq.ft.) : 2.27
- Energy Star Qualified: North-Central, Northern, South-Central, Southern
- Frame Material: Wood
- Glazing type: Tempered glass
- Insect screen: Yes
- Low-E (Y, N) : Yes
- Material: Glass
- Maximum roof pitch (degrees) : 85 in.
- Minimum roof pitch (degrees) : 14
- Operation: Lever
- Operation Type: Manual
- Product Depth: 5
- Product Height: 27.38
- Product Weight (lb.) : 39.5 in.
- Product Width: 21.5 in.
- Remote Control: No
- Rotates for Cleaning: No
- Rough Opening Height: 26.88 in.
- Severe weather ready: Yes
- Skylight Mounting Type: Deck Mount
- Skylight Material: Glass
- Telescoping control rod: No
- U-Factor: 0.43
- UV protection (%) : 95.2
VELUX provides a wide-range of warranties for their skylights and related components, including flashing, blinds and glass. Depending on the product purchased, the following warranties may apply:
- 20 Year VELUX Insulating Glass Limited Warranty
- 10 Year VELUX Roof Windows, Skylights, and Flashing Limited Warranty
- 5 Year VELUX Blinds Limited Warranty
- 5 Year VELUX Manual, Solar, and Electric Controls Limited Warranty
- 10 Year "No Leak" Installation Limited Warranty
- 10 Year Hail Breakage Limited Warranty (for VELUX skylights with Clean, Quiet & Safe glass only)
These warranties only apply if the product is finished, installed, operated and maintained strictly in accordance with VELUX instructions or other instructions furnished with the Covered Product. ImproveDepot recommends a professional installation by a CERTIFIED INSTALLER to ensure that the product is protected by these warranties.
Normal wear and tear is not covered by VELUX's warranties, nor are problems arising from failure to properly maintain the product. The warranty on insulated glass is void if any film is applied to the glass surface. Other restrictions apply, so be sure to read the included warranty information packaged with the product.