VELUX FCM 2246 0005 Skylight, 25 1/2" W x 49 1/2" H Fixed Curb-Mounted w/Tempered LowE3 Glass
About the Velux FCM 2246 0005 Skylight, 22-1/2" x 46-1/2" Fixed Curb-Mounted w/Tempered LowE3 Glass
The Velux FCM 2246 0005 222-1/2 in. x 46-1/2 in. Fixed Curb-Mounted Skylight with Tempered LowE3 Glass. . Positioning Velux FCM 2246 0005 skylight above vertical windows is the way to expand a living space visually. Velux skylight also features a streamlined design on the exterior that won't block your roofline, and it includes the protective aluminum cladding in a neutral gray color that fits most roofs. The manufacturer also provides 10-year No Leak warranty when installed with Velux flashing. The installation hardware is included.
Flashing and blinds not included.
- It is sized to work with most types of site-built curbs, wheThe they are slightly out-of-square, pre-existing, or surrounded by unusually thick flashing and roofing material
- ECL (for shingle roof) and ECW (for tile roof) flashing is sold separately and, when paired with the skylight, gives layers of water protection and makes the skylight eligible for the 10-year No Leak installation warranty
- Consider upgrading to Solar Powered Fresh Air Skylight (model VSS) to bring both natural sunlight and fresh air into your home using only the power of the sun, plus it is eligible for 30% federal tax credit, making it very affordable.
- Also consider adding solar powered blind to your skylight, which is eligible for 30% federal tax credit too
- Sunscreen accessory tray (ZZZ 199) allows for installation of Velux Pick&Click blinds. It is required for blind installation in FCM series skylights, and sold separately
- Skylights with blinds that are factory-installed at no extra charge are available
- Energy-efficient, LoE3 tempered glass has argon-filled dual-glass panes to help reduce energy costs
- This skylight meets Energy Star approval guidelines for energy efficiency in all climatic regions of the US
- Integrated gasket provides thermal break for energy efficiency and seals out water, wind and hassles for years
- Can be mounted on roofs with minimum pitch of degrees and maximum pitch of 60 degrees, but minimum pitch of 10 degrees and ECL/ECW flashing are required for the No Leak installation warranty
- 10-year No Leak installation warranty plus 20 years on glass, 10 years on product, and years on blinds and controls
- Please note: we recommend and most building codes require laminated glass for out of reach applications
- Inside curb dimensions for Velux FCM 2246 models are 22. in. by 46. in. and outside curb dimensions for FCM 2246 models are 25. in. by 49. in.
- Assembled Depth: 3 in.
- Assembled Height: 50.63 in.
- Assembled Width: 26.63 in.
- Cladding Type: Aluminum
- Color Family: Gray
- Daylight area (sq.ft.) : 7.27
- Energy Star Qualified: North-Central, Northern, South-Central, Southern
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Glazing type: Tempered glass
- Low-E (Y, N) : Yes
- Material: Glass
- Maximum roof pitch (degrees) : 60 in.
- Minimum roof pitch (degrees) : 0
- Product Depth: 3
- Product Height: 50.63
- Product Weight (lb.) : 40.6
- Product Width: 26.63
- Rough Opening Height: 46.5 in.
- Severe weather ready: Yes
- Skylight Mounting Type: Curb Mount
- Skylight Material: Glass
- U-Factor: 0.49
- UV protection (%) : 95.2
VELUX provides a wide-range of warranties for their skylights and related components, including flashing, blinds and glass. Depending on the product purchased, the following warranties may apply:
- 20 Year VELUX Insulating Glass Limited Warranty
- 10 Year VELUX Roof Windows, Skylights, and Flashing Limited Warranty
- 5 Year VELUX Blinds Limited Warranty
- 5 Year VELUX Manual, Solar, and Electric Controls Limited Warranty
- 10 Year "No Leak" Installation Limited Warranty
- 10 Year Hail Breakage Limited Warranty (for VELUX skylights with Clean, Quiet & Safe glass only)
These warranties only apply if the product is finished, installed, operated and maintained strictly in accordance with VELUX instructions or other instructions furnished with the Covered Product. Improve Depot recommends a professional installation by a CERTIFIED INSTALLER to ensure that the product is protected by these warranties.
Normal wear and tear is not covered by VELUX's warranties, nor are problems arising from failure to properly maintain the product. The warranty on insulated glass is void if any film is applied to the glass surface. Other restrictions apply, so be sure to read the included warranty information packaged with the product.