Kidde P3010K-CO Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Detector, 10-Year Worry-Free DC Sealed Lithium Battery Powered for Kitchen (21010071)
The Kidde P3010K-CO is a 10-year worry-free combination smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarm specifically designed for use in the kitchen. It is powered completely through an internally sealed battery that operates reliably for 10 years. When this battery is near the end of its life, this unit will notify the user that it is time for it to be replaced.
Because this Kidde alarm comes with a battery and doesn't require external power connections, it features a simple and quick installation. Just set the mounting bracket where desired and connect the alarm. Once attached, the alarm activates the sealed-in battery and it begins detection. Battery replacement and accidental deactivation is no longer an issue and maintenance is practically non-existent.
This model uses both photoelectric and electrochemical sensors to detect carbon monoxide and smoke. It also features alarm memory that tells the consumer if this unit was sounded since the last time the test/hush button was pressed. This alerts them to potential spikes in carbon monoxide levels. Smart Hush functionality also temporarily silences nuisance alarms for 10 minutes. An LED light blinks along with the loud alarm which is convenient for people with hearing impairments.
What makes this Kidde alarm specially useful in the kitchen is that it uses both CO and smoke sensors to work together to detect real fires faster while reducing cooking-related nuisance alarms. This is because the two sensors communicate to adjust smoke sensitivity every time one notices a potential threat. Photoelectric sensors are also better at detecting smoldering fires, which are more commonplace in the kitchen.
- Combination Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm- Smoke and CO sensing technologies work together to detect real fires faster and reduce cooking-related nuisance alarms.
- Sealed-In Lithium Battery- Sealed-in lithium power supply; no battery replacement required over the 10 year life of the alarm. Eliminates worry about battery removal or unauthorized deactivation of alarm.
- Photoelectric Sensor- Smoke alarm contains advanced photoelectric sensor that may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
- Self Activation- Alarm automatically activates when attached to the mounting bracket.
- Alarm Memory- Rapidly flashing LED alerts user if the alarm has sounded since the last time the test/reset button was used.
- Test/Hush Button- Tests alarm circuitry and activates Hush features.
- Smart Hush™- Temporarily silences nuisance alarms for approximately 10 minutes and will not allow hush mode unless the unit is in alarm mode.
- LED- Red LED will blink in conjunction with the alarm sound.
- End of Life Warning- Alarm chirps every 30 seconds to indicate the unit is in need of replacement.
- End of Life Hush®- End of life indication can be silenced three days at a time up to 30 days to allow for alarm replacement at a more convenient time.
- UL217 and UL2034 Listed
- Power Source: Sealed Lithium Battery
- Sensor: Smoke: Photoelectric
- CO: Electrochemical
- Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10ft
- Temperature Range: 40°F (4.4°C) to 100°F (37.8°C)
- Humidity Range: 10%-85% non-condensing relative humidity (RH)
- Size: 5.22" in diameter x 1.6" depth
- Interconnects: No